CLTAC Spring 2010 Conference
Download Presentation Files:
Chinese Language Teachers Association of California
Spring 2010 Conference
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The conference committee invites submissions of proposals for 20-minute presentation (including 5-minute Q&A) in all areas related to Chinese teaching and learning, such as theories, methodology and strategies, curriculum, teaching materials, technology, acquisition, Chinese linguistics, culture factors, AP Chinese, and teaching credentials.
Proposal submission deadline: February 1, 2010
Notification of acceptance: February 15, 2010
Early Registration Deadline (post-marked): February 27, 2010
Conference date: March 6 (Saturday), 2010
Venue: Stanford University
1) Send a one-page (250-350 words in English or 400-500 characters in Chinese) proposal as an email attachment in MS-Word format to Chengzhi Chu, Chair of the Program Committee at <email@example.com>. Proposal can be written in either Chinese or English.
2) In the subject line of the email, type “CLTAC 10 Conference Proposal”; In the body of the email, provide the following information:
Name of the Presenter
Detailed Contact Info (email, snail mail address, and phone)
3) Do NOT include your name and institutional affiliation in the proposal since all proposals will be anonymously reviewed.
4) Only one paper from each person will be considered. Multiple submissions are not allowed.
5) Presenters must have a valid CLTAC member status. See http://www.cltac.org/ for membership application.
The conference is open to CLTAC members and their colleagues and friends. Registration is required. To register for the conference, send a completed Registration Form (downloadable from www.cltac.org after February 1, 2010 and available in CLTAC 2010.1 newsletter) together with your registration fee ($15 for members and $20 for non-members; by check payable to CLTAC) beforeFebruary 27, 2010 (by postmark) to CLTAC treasurer at CLTAC, P.O. Box 1428, Monterey, CA 93942(see instruction on the registration form).
Late or on-site registration fee is $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Registration fee is waived for conference presenters. Convenient lunch (included in the registration fee) will be provided to registered participants. On-site registration for membership at the conference will be available.
For more information about the conference, visit CLTAC website: www.cltac.org.